“Eat the pizza. Let it happen.
And soon you will have, the strength of a dragon.”
-Maximalism, “I AM PIZZA”
At first blush, that line doesn’t make any sense. But, if you stop and think about it, pizza has more than a few things in common with dragonkind:
- Both of them are more than capable of burning human flesh beyond recognition.
- Pizza, like the ancient dragons and lindworms of old, is known for leaving trails of foul excrescences where ever it goes, whether said secretions are across a paper plate or a hapless face.
- Pizza was born in Europe and has since made a home in America, where it is not only incredibly popular, but has gone so far as to shape the way that pizzas are regarded across the world, much like the Western dragon.
- Pizza is often coveted, leading to actions based in greed; dragons are often greedy and/or covetous.
- And the list goes on. The destructive power of pizza is unparalleled.
I wasn’t sure about the wing, but I left it on because it kind of felt like the face wasn’t “dragony” enough, and I didn’t want to break the plane of the slice.